Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sewing Binge

So, I have been on an intense sewing streak.  Recently I participated in Kids Clothing Sewing Week.  I continued from there.  Item after item for Asa.  He loves them all.  But, I decided it was time to sew for me.  I needed a new wallet, as my current one is starting to fall apart.  I chose the StudioCherie Professional Zip Around Wallet.  It's the look and security I want in a wallet.  But, you can tell that it is a challenge.

I bought it after looking at it for a few weeks.  I decided to put my intimidation aside, and go for it.  Well, after I bought it, I bought several patterns for Asa.  I sewed for kids week.  Life happened.  Well, I decided it was time.  I printed and cut out my pattern.  And then I sewed some more for Asa.  Then I did some major work for my son's school, a coop preschool.  I almost went back to sewing for my son.  He just looks so good in his trendy clothes.  

So, yesterday I finally cut out the fabric.  It had taken me all weekend to decide on which fabric I would be using.  Then it took me another day to figure out which fabric would go where.  You may not realize that this is a stalling technique, but it definitely is.  I knew I would need full attention when it came to sewing.

So, today I started sewing.  I read the pattern over a few times.  It's not a good sign when it doesn't "click" the first time, but, I decided to just go for it.  I'm going section by section, and only reading that section.  It is a difficult pattern, but worth the challenge.  

Finished!  I persevered.  I love it!  No, it's not perfect, but it's mine.  It gets the job done, and better than my last wallet by leaps and bounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment